tags and searching (was Re: [uf-discuss] Greetings microformatters)

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:15:03 PST 2005

On 11/30/05, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2005, at 1:04 PM, Chris Messina wrote:
> >
> > That is, while I can use metatags (dead as they are) to describe my
> > site, I think that the spam factor has proven the value of internal
> > metadata on a site is much less than the tags provided from without.
> > Or at least, that's technorati's bet (presumably).
>
> Um, you realize that "technorati tags" are all self-tagging? And that
> it mostly works?

Yeah yeah. I guess I'm thinking about the case of linking to the
self-same page with a tagged link... That wouldn't make a whole lot of
sense, since not every link is a tag link.

But whatever, my head is spinning from other things, so I'm probably
rambling about nothing!

<!--headphones going back on now-->

-Captain Crunch