[uf-discuss] Non-HTTP/HTML microformats

Kevin Marks kmarks at technorati.com
Wed Nov 30 16:18:43 PST 2005

On Nov 30, 2005, at 3:06 PM, Luke Kanies wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Ryan King wrote:
>
>> Hmm, I don't think the two are as different as you'd think.
>
> It's not so much that these formats aren't meant for humans at all but
> rather that their developed for communicating information to computers
> and
> about computers.  I definitely still want the information to be easily
> read
> and understood by humans, but the information itself will likely be
> modelled
> and managed entirely differently because of the different endpoint.
>
>> 1. Can you use the µF principles to guide your work? Sure, I
>> certainly would
>
>> 3. Are people involved around here likely to be interested? Sure.
>
> That would be great; I'd love some help from people more experienced
> in this
> area.

Do have a look at the discussions on serialiasation and XOXO over REST
we've had here.

I use XOXO for internal interprocess communication, because it gives me
an unambiguous serialisation of native list and dictionary structures
which I can move between languages, and view in a browser for debugging
or intermediate visualisation

http://microformats.org/wiki/xoxo

Also the discussion Erniw started about flagging types for
serialization:

http://www.opendarwin.org/~drernie/C395201355/E20051003175427/index.html