[uf-discuss] hAtom draft

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Nov 30 23:38:14 PST 2005

On Nov 23, 2005, at 1:02 AM, David Janes -- BlogMatrix wrote:

> Have at it:
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom

Some comments (sorry, its taken me awhile to get to this):

1. I notice that "feed title" and "feed permalink" have been deferred
to future versions (see http://microformats.org/wiki/
hatom#Nomenclature). Any reasons why? I must be missing something,
'cause these seem easy to me.

2. Not to pick nits, but datetime's probably don't *have to* use the
datetime-design-pattern. People who want to are free to publish the ISO

3. I see that we're allowing multiple feeds per page. I wonder what
the pros and cons of this are?

4. Why do we prefer <h#> over class="title" for entry titles?

5. "Entry Permalinks MUST be absolute URIs". Why? We have well
established rules for relative urls.

6. quote:
> there can be at most 1 Entry in an XHTML document without an Entry
> This rule is needed for media pages (i.e. a news article on
> cnn.com). There is some ugliness of with this because the URI could
> be non-canonical."

I'm not sure I follow this and don't see anything on the
brainstorming page about it.

7. "the machine readable datetime should be encoded with an <abbr> ".
Again, maybe this *should* should be a *may* ?

8. Open item for the list:

> if there is no Entry Updated and Entry Published elements,
> transformation to Atom is problematic
> This is because a published element is required. Suggestions would
> be appreciated here.

Alright, so I'm going to stop before digging into the xmdp and
parsing details. Forgive me, david if any of this is ignorance.

-ryan
--
Ryan King
ryan at technorati.com