[microformats-discuss] XHTML tables as CSV-like "records"?

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Sun Oct 2 14:01:49 PDT 2005

Just in partial defense of people who do this, the reason (I think) this
happens is that pre-existing tags such as <h1> bring a lot of
_presentation_ baggage to to the table; the simplest -- though by no
means the best obviously -- is to simply route around the issue. I know
from personal experience trying to use <ul><li>* because that's what I
mean semantically in a presentation friendly manner is even uglier.

The beautiful thing about XHTML-centric microformats is that
presentation and meaning are (mostly) freely intermixed without
requiring major sacrifices on the part of the content provider.

Perhaps a repository of advice relating to this issue is needed?

Regards, etc...
David
http://www.blogmatrix.com