[microformats-discuss] Re: Educationg Others

Lisa Rein lisa at lisarein.com
Mon Oct 3 23:05:09 PDT 2005

Hey Kevin and Mark,

Thanks for the links. They help a bit. But I'm still a bit confused by
this example:

<dl class="profile">
 <dt id="rel">rel</dt>
 <dd><p>
   <a rel="help"
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html#adef-rel">
     HTML4 definition of the 'rel' attribute.</a>
   Here is an additional value.</p>
  <dl>
   <dt id="tag">tag</dt>
   <dd>Indicates that the referred resource serves as a "tag",
       or keyword/subject, for the referring page.</dd>
  </dl>
 </dd>
</dl>

Perhaps if I saw a completed "microformatted" document, with the profile
defined within the "head" element, I could understand better:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#profiles

Could you please point me to some of these? (I assume there are many)

thanks!

lisa

> On Oct 3, 2005, at 10:31 PM, Lisa Rein wrote:
>
>> (unless there is are profiles defined somewhere that I am unaware of -
>> which is possible, since I'm new to the microformat space :)
>>
>> Here's is more information from the HTML 4.01 spec about the use of the
>> "rel" attribute and directional linking:
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html#h-12.3.1
>
> The profile is defined as part of the spec in XMDP:
>
>   http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-tag#XMDP_profile
>
> XMDP is discussed here:
>
> http://gmpg.org/xmdp/description

Lisa Rein