[microformats-discuss] Re: Educationg Others

Scott Anderson portletdev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 14:52:09 PDT 2005

On 10/3/05, Mark Pilgrim <pilgrim at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I'd known that we were going to be playing "I can code faster than
> anyone who can code better, and better than anyone who can code
> faster," I would have kept better track of my time.

If I gave you this impression by simply asking how long it took Brian
to code that XSL then you should probably apply those thought
processes on where this defensive rebuke came from. In my opinion this
task can and should be made easier. That was my point in asking.

> As it stands, we
> have two independent interoperable implementations, a comprehensive
> test suite, a reasonable draft of a spec-ish looking thing, and an
> implementor's guide... in the course of a couple of weeks.  Pretty
> soon, the amount of time spent bemoaning how difficult it is to
> implement will exceed the actual time spent implementing it.

So I am not the first to engage in bemoaning. No surprise there.