[microformats-discuss] Re: Educationg Others

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Tue Oct 4 15:17:39 PDT 2005

On Oct 4, 2005, at 2:36 PM, Scott Anderson wrote:

> Brian Suda wrote:
>
>>> I'm not sure if you expected it to be a short time to write or a
>>> long
>>> time, but i can say it is on the latter rather than former.
>>>

> I would expect

Don't guess, ask or try.

> that it would take a very long time to come up with a
> complete general solution, an API that is reusable and customizable
> without having to learn the complicated low level stuff.

This statement is uninformed.

> I'd be interested in hearing about the assumptions that you are having
> to make about the structure of the XHTML documents you are processing.

Where does it appear that we're making assumptions?

> Also any thoughts on issues relating to microformat localization,

You can create microformated content in any language.

> versioning,

The formats can be versioned (see http://microformats.org/wiki/
hreview for an example)

> or validation

Currently validation is done by attempting to parse the formats
(which is how you always do validation)

> as it relates to security would be welcome.

Out of scope.

-ryan

--
Ryan King