[microformats-discuss] The adoption of syndication feeds -> microformats

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Thu Oct 6 06:19:38 PDT 2005

Consider all the microformat data already out there on the web -- for
example, all the events in 'evdb'. Add to the mix the XML/RDF data sets
available -- for example, lists of airports, FOAF files and so forth.
And finally, the various tools that have been made to manipulate and
query XML (in general), RDF (in particular) and semantic-web data (more so).

Now consider the following queries:
- where could I fly to visit a friend and see the San Diego Chargers
play on a weekend that I have free
- if I did fly there, what's the names of my friend's family and pets
- (your variant query here)

To pull these different threads together as concrete demonstration of
the power of the upper/lower case semantic web would be, like, the coup
of the decade. But who among us could rise to such a challange...? :-)

Regards, etc...
David
http://www.blogmatrix.com