[microformats-discuss] Intelligent Agent - hCard Discovery Proof of concept App.

Emiliano Martinez Luque martinezluque at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 11:14:43 PDT 2005

Hi everybody, I've been a little absent from this list. I want to
share a little app I wrote. It basically takes some URLs and some
search criteria and returns the hCards found on that set of URLs that
comply to the search criteria.

You can find it here:

http://www.metonymie.com/hCard_extract/app.html

and an explanation (Plus the limitations and known issues) here:

http://www.metonymie.com/hCard_extract/explanation.html

There might be some GUI issues and I have not tested it on macintosh
(If something does not work on Mac, please shout up since I don't have
access to a Mac). If your browser does not support xmlhttprequest try
this version:

http://www.metonymie.com/hCard_extract/get_hCard_st.php

It is not intended for Production use, it's a Proof of Concept app. I
have tested it with most "Examples in the Wild" from the hCard spec
and it mostly work (except eventfull, close that div!!!! :-)... ).
Hopefully it will prove how powerfull Microformats can be.

If you are not able to access the links provided, wait till tomorrow,
since I have just changed the metonymie.com DNS information.

Please send bug reports, suggestions, criticism, etc to
emluque at thethingsiwant.com
Thanks in advance.

I will be asking some questions here since I still have some doubts
regarding hCard syntax and parsing.

Emiliano Martínez Luque