[microformats-discuss] Video Pop-up Link Maker

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 07:22:44 PDT 2005

On 10/13/05, Tantek Çelik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

>   Dublin Core is more theory than practice on the *Web*.
>

> If you disagree, please provide a good sampling of *actual* *http* URLs
> which clearly illustrate use of Dublin Core, preferably with *visible* data
> (rather than invisible metadata).

Ok, I did a little pinging, results so far:

Eric Miller:
[[
OAIster is a front-end to OAI [1] data. OAI uses Dublin Core [2][3].

OAI is a clear use case for GRDDL, but this is another story :)

[1] http://www.openarchives.org/
[2] http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.html#dublincore
[3] http://www.openarchives.org/documents/FAQ.html#Why%20does%20the%
20protocol%20mandate%20a%20common%20metadata%20format%20(and%20why%
20is%20that%20common%20format%20Dublin%20Core

also, http://dublincore.org/projects/ might be useful to you
]]

Leigh Dodds:
[[
Except that Tantek is missing something thats written on the OAIster
homepage: its built upon the OAI Metadata Harvesting Protocol
(OAI-MHP)

http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.html

The specification mandates that *every* OAI-MHP compliant repository
*must* export metadata as simple (unqualified) Dublin Core. They can
have other formats, but they must support DC as a minimum.

So creator is, in fact, dc:creator.

The OAI Repository Explorer is probably a better starting point if you
want to see actual XML and Dublin Core:

http://re.cs.uct.ac.za/
]]

Cheers,