[microformats-discuss] a micro micro-format for an' item'

S. Sriram ssriram at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 09:26:14 PDT 2005

From: "Danny Ayers" <danny.ayers at gmail.com>
On 10/14/05, Tantek Çelik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

>> " micro micro-format for an 'item' "
>>
>> That's essentially what <li> is in semantic XHTML.  No need to reinvent
that
>> in particular.

>Bravo!

Well, that is how I started i.e. the default
But, we have a couple of wrinkles.
1. <li> imposes a design constraint that <span, <div, <p etc.
don't. So how would one designate that
2. What if the first link/title were not the link/title of interest
How would I mark a link title within the item block as being the one of
interest
3. What if the description was not 'everything' within the block but
was segmented, how would I segment it

So, my answers:

default: a tag within an li block would reference an item with:
link = first link
title = display text of first link
description = all the data in the li block

default is overriden by:
1. <span class="bsitem"
2. <a href=.. class="bstitle"
3. <span class="bsdescription"

In an attempt to get rid of the 'bs', I suggested that if
microformats could provide some guidelines it would be useful.

The bs is an acronym for blogspeak more at http://www.blogspeak.org

Thanks
S. Sriram