[microformats-discuss] XHTML "id" attribute and microformats, particularly hCard

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 12:07:27 PDT 2005

On 10/16/05, David Janes -- BlogMatrix <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:
 "rel-<microformatname>". Once we have URLs to address hCards and
> hCalendars, we can write fun (entirely hypothetical) things in our blogs:
>
> Next week I'm going to <a rel="vcalendar"
> href="http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-000439889-6">Tag Camp</a> and
> I'm going to meet <a rel="vcard"
> href="http://www.ndunn.com/2005/10/7/hCard#NeilDunnHCard">Neil Dunn</a>.

This sort of thing has been discussed and kicked around. There is a
post on the Wiki about Auto-discovery of hCards.[1] There as also been
talk of the same sort of thing on this list[2]

-brian

[1] - http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-brainstorming#Auto-Discovery
[2] - http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-dev/2005-October/000026.html

--