[microformats-discuss] Embedded RDF

Ian Davis iand at internetalchemy.org
Wed Oct 19 04:32:55 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I thought you might be interested in some work I've been doing on
embedding RDF in (X)HTML. I think it's microformat-like, although I
wouldn't go so far as to claim it _is_ a microformat. It allows a useful
subset of RDF to be embedded in HTML without any markup invention or
(hopefully) abuse of  element semantics. It makes no attempt at forcing
the whole RDF model into HTML.

The main documentation is here:

http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/wiki/Main/RdfInHtml

A couple of sample documents:

http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/foaf-in-html.html
http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/doap-in-html.html

And a service that you can plug them into to extract the embedded RDF:

http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/extract

I wrote more about it in a message to the W3C semweb group:

http://www.w3.org/mid/435603FC.70406@internetalchemy.org

I'd be interested in any feedback. I'm very keen not to abuse HTML
semantics so please shout if you find any.

Cheers,

Ian

--
http://internetalchemy.org | http://purl.org/NET/iand