[microformats-discuss] REX! Re: REST-discuss list, naming

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Thu Oct 20 12:05:31 PDT 2005

On Oct 19, 2005, at 8:56 PM, Kevin Marks wrote:
> I liked AHAH
>
> Async HTML Across HTTP
>
> JAH didn't catch on...
>
> RAH - Remote API HTML

I like AHAH for the technology you used to call JAH, as an AJAX
alternative.

REX is more REST-like, and need not be asynchronous, so that doesn't
seem the right name here.

To be sure, "REST-Enabling", while I think it could work, may not be
the optimal perspective. I'm stuck on "REX" -- its too catch to give
up -- but here's some other expansions:

a) REST-Enabl{ed,ing} XHTML
b) REST-Encod{ed,ing} XHTML
c) REST-Express{ed as,ing} XHTML