[microformats-discuss] REX! Re: REST-discuss list, naming

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Fri Oct 21 15:14:15 PDT 2005

Hi all,

On Oct 21, 2005, at 1:10 PM, Ryan Tomayko wrote:

>   1. Constraining REST verbs to POST/GET
>   2. A system for constructing URLs.
>   3. Discovery through URL construction as opposed to hypermedia.
>   4. Limiting transfer representations to application/x-www-form-
> urlencoded

Not a bad summary, thanks.

> On the one hand, the additional
> constraints could be a Good Thing. On the other hand, labeling this
> particular  system of constraints as "*The* way to employ REST with
> Microformats" seems to be over-reaching.

I completely agree -- I'm trying to be as humble about this as I can
(which may not be saying much. :-).

Just to be clear: I'm pushing this as the "simplest possible useful"
way of integrating REST with XHTML -- and looking for feedback
whether that is true. :-) Whether that is "optimal" (or "unique") is
a whole 'nother question, which I don't really want to tackle...

-- Ernie P.