[microformats-discuss] FYI: two posting about the Semantic Web, the "SynWeb", scraping and microformats

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 04:28:55 PDT 2005

> On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:
> >
> > Given that, I don't see anything fundamentally different between
> > expressing relationships as RDF triples vs. a "rel" between two
> > documents.  You may not like the syntax as much, but so what? What
> > exactly does that syntax (or rather, the relational model behind it)
> > actually get you?
>
> You're right, they are similar. Humans don't do either, in general.

Links in general express a directed relationship between something and
something else, even without have any kind of "rel" description of the
relationship. Ernie's right, these are fundamentally the same as
triples. I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying humans don't do either,
but I certainly don't think they generally formalise the relationships
so much.

Cheers,
Danny.

--