[uf-discuss] hAtom

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Tue Oct 25 13:54:12 PDT 2005

On Oct 25, 2005, at 1:21 PM, Danny Ayers wrote:

> On 10/25/05, David Janes -- BlogMatrix <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com>
> wrote:
>> Together, you could point at an archive and suddenly have access
>> to an
>> entire Atom store of entries for a complete blog....
>
> Sorry to interject, but if I go looking for the right place on the
> Wiki I'm likely to forget what I was looking for...
>
> Do you/can you have anything to cover rel="prev", rel="next"? If those
> were in place on the usual "permlink" style blog archives, couldn't a
> client build its own listing?

rel="prev" and rel="next" are already covered in html -> http://
www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#type-links, which makes me think
it would be out of scope for hAtom (and any microformat, for that
matter).

> Heh, and any thoughts on making something useful out of those calendar
> things that you get on blogs?

I'm sure something could be made of it. The WP default theme already
produces:

<link rel='archives' title='October 2005' href='http://
theryanking.com/blog/archives/2005/10/' />

Which looks ripe for reuse.

-ryan
--
Ryan King