[uf-discuss] Profile aliasing

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 25 17:06:24 PDT 2005

On 10/25/05 3:44 PM, "Danny Ayers" <danny.ayers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/26/05, Tantek Çelik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
>> On Oct 25, 2005, at 1:12 PM, Danny Ayers wrote:
>>
>>> [microformat representation of part of OWL]
>>
>> Danny, this seems worthy of exploration.
>
> Er, sorry - where did you find that?

The notion of using XMDP to say class name "A" means-the-same-as class name
"B" feel very OWLish[1] as far as assertions of statement equivalence go.
Perhaps you didn't intend it as such, but your profile aliasing proposal
essentially took that one feature out of OWL and represented it in XMDP.

That's what I was referring to.  Apologies, I thought that was obvious and
that you did that on purpose.

Thanks,

Tantek

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-semantics/syntax.html#2.3.1
"In OWL Lite it is possible to state that two or more classes are
equivalent. axiom ::= 'EquivalentClasses(' classID classID { classID } ')'"