[uf-discuss] Re: wiki accounts

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Oct 26 11:03:25 PDT 2005

Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:

> Not everyone on the mailing list has a Microformats.org wiki account.
> And (I guess since the wiki spam) no one (new) can create a new
> account.

Is the delay on solving this problem external (e.g. waiting on a new
release of MediaWiki), or is it just that no one gotten around to it
yet?  Right now, it's very confusing and makes this look like a
closed community.  Every few days, someone posts a suggestion on this
list that something should be added to the wiki, but many of the
people receiving these emails can't access the wiki to make such
contributions, and there is currently no stated process for gaining
wiki privileges.  Could we at least publish a list of who has the
ability to add accounts so someone who wants one knows who to contact?

Peace,
Scott