[uf-discuss] rel-xxx proposal

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 23:23:53 PDT 2005

Hello,

On 10/26/05, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
> Hi Charles,
> On Oct 26, 2005, at 3:21 PM, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
>
> > So,... I guess what I am saying is that a "rating" Microformat is
> > good.  But we need something simpler for marking something as being
> > pornographic.
>
> I think:
>       <media:rating scheme="urn:mpaa">x</media:rating>
> is the closest and most widely understood equivalent.

It's true that MPAA's "x" rating sounds like what I said.  But the
application of <media:rating scheme="urn:mpaa">x</media:rating> to
content sounds like what I said.  The usage of <media:rating
scheme="urn:mpaa">x</media:rating> and rel-xxx are very different.

A piece of media is marked with <media:rating
scheme="urn:mpaa">x</media:rating> by the publishers.  However,
rel-xxx is used by people in a distributed manner.  People decide for
themselves what should be rel-xxx and are not bound to some set of
MPAA rules.  It's their own personal, family or cultural decision.

See ya

--
     Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.

     charles @ reptile.ca