[uf-discuss] Formating Code

Jacob Ham hakejam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 13:28:45 PST 2005

I was just thinking today about the way we format code. After playing with
it a little, I thought why not create a Microformat for formatting code? As
I see it, formatting code in this matter can reap the benefits that
microformat provide. Here is just a small example (very quick):

Ham</a></div>
2.0</a>
<abbr class="created" title="20051031">10-31-2005</abbr>
<code class="Java">
class HellWorld {
System.out.println("Hello World");
}
}
</code>

The microformat coding format could include:

- author (vCard)
- version number
- a small summary of what the code does
- the type of code it is
- licenses it may use

Sniplet repositories like, Snippets (http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/),
other kinds of paste-bins, tutorials, documentation, and so on.

If there is enough interest, I can start a brainstorming page for it.

Cheers,

Jake