[microformats-discuss] comments please: draft-sayre-atompub-xhtml-micro-00

Robert Sayre sayrer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 16:57:20 PDT 2005

[this message has also been posted to atom-protocol at imc.org, but that
list is not CCed here]

Here are a couple thoughts on Atom category editing and Atom
Publishing Protocol error documents. Also, these thoughts come with
sample client and sample server implementations written in Python
(appendices A and B).

-------------------
(I submitted it, but it's not in the I-D directory yet)
http://www.franklinmint.fm/2005/09/03/draft-sayre-atompub-xhtml-micro-00.html
http://www.franklinmint.fm/2005/09/03/draft-sayre-atompub-xhtml-micro-00.txt

Atom Publishing Protocol [APP] client implementations require a fair
amount of ancillary server-provided data in order to provide a smooth
user experience. Rather than invent a plethora of new XML formats,
this specification chooses to present a number of XHTML profiles
[XHTML], colloquially known as "microformats". Visit
<http://microformats.org> for more information.
-------------------

Please consider this a discussion
(<http://microformats.org/wiki/process>). I had a random thought and
decided to see if it would work, but the ideas turned into a spec and
a couple of implementations before I knew it. I'm not attached to the
actual XHTML markup, but I think the basic capabilities are pretty
solid. Basically, the format builds on Atom's category element and the
metaWeblog API's getCategories facilities.

Comments, changes, process suggestions, and anything else welcome. I'd
be happy to put this on the wiki if that's appropriate.

enjoy,

Robert Sayre