[microformats-discuss] Definition of "microformat"?

DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO) bob.ducharme at lexisnexis.com
Thu Sep 15 15:21:53 PDT 2005

>It seems that the distinguishing feature of microformats is the way they're
created,
>not what they look like when its all done.

This implies that, given two small, well-formed XML documents, you couldn't
look at them and say "this one is a well-done microformat, and the other one
isn't" without knowing how their authors went about creating them. I'm sure
that this isn't what you meant.

I think that, while looking at two such documents, a review of the
microformats principles would give some clue as whether one works as a
microformat better than the other. Like you said, if there's no good
definition of what a microformat is, then at least the design principles
give some guidance about set membership.

Bob