[microformats-discuss] Some questions about rel="tag"

Luke Arno luke.arno at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:30:14 PDT 2005

On 9/16/05, Derek Slager <derekslager at gmail.com> wrote:

> By default, actually, Apache (and in fact, most other Web servers)
> will respond differently. If "foo" is a directory under the document
> root, Apache issues a redirect to ".*/foo/" when ".*/foo" is
> requested.
>
> -Derek

That is the usual case for resolving URIs to resources in general.

I may choose to do this however:

http://myblog.tld/category/foo

resolves to a document describing what foo means to me.

http://myblog.tld/category/foo/

resolves to a atom feed of all the entries that I have tagged with foo.

There is probably no problem in real life with doing the normalization,
but strictly speaking .*/foo and .*/foo/ are not the same URI.

- Luke