[microformats-discuss] hWidget

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 23 08:22:43 PDT 2005

On 9/22/05 5:13 PM, "Mark Rickerby" <coretxt at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I get confused trying
>> to grasp why people think that reinventing XHTML tags and attributes
>> (such as <link binding:type="css"> instead of <link rel="stylesheet"
>> .. > ) in XML is better than just using XHTML.

Or even <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" ... >

> The allure of coding XML to one's personal aesthetic preferences is
> not to be underestimated ;)

Until you do it enough times that you end up reinventing what you came up
with before.

> The proliferation of template engines in PHP would be a similar example...

Certainly similar.  The difference is that we don't use templates (directly
anyway) to exchange data, so there isn't nearly as much of a problem with
reinvention of templating systems.

Tantek