[microformats-discuss] hWidgets

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Fri Sep 23 10:27:51 PDT 2005

On Sep 23, 2005, at 8:35 AM, Kevin Lawver wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I just joined the list yesterday, but have had an interest in
> microformats for a while now, and have been promoting them within
> my company (AOL) for a while now.  We're working on our first
> "serious" microformat, which smells a lot like hWidget.  I've read
> the whole thread on hWidget, and the only example I see is the
> ticking clock.  Is there a profile for it yet, or is that example
> the whole of hWidget?

To be honest, hWidget is actually a bit out of line with the typical
process we use for developing microformats [http://microformats.org/
wiki/process].

There was no documentation of current behavior, nor analysis of
current schemas (explicit or implicit).

>     I'll hopefully be releasing the first draft of our profile in
> the next week or so (if I can get everyone to sign off on making it
> public). I'll be sure to send it to the list, and I'd love your
> feedback on it, and help making it as suitable for general use as
> possible.

You might want to take a look at http://microformats.org/wiki/process
for ways to go about this.

Thanks for your interest and welcome to the group.
-ryan

--
Ryan King
ryan at technorati.com