[uf-discuss] Microformats for interfaces

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 21:23:53 PDT 2006

Stumbled upon this MS Office 2007 UI blog today... and realized that
they're creating an XML schema for UI when XHTML would suffice -- and
in fact, for most of the web, already does!

Check this out, where he details the XML for creating ribbon UI:

http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archive/2006/04/06/569876.aspx

Why isn't he using a standard list of links? I think it's time we had
some microformats and CSS pairings for web interfaces and widgets!
(show me the code I hear you say, but in this case, I'm just going to
hand wave for a moment).

Chris