[uf-discuss] Citation microformat

Paul Denning pauld at mitre.org
Tue Apr 11 09:25:51 PDT 2006

At 07:37 PM 2006-04-07, Brian Suda wrote:
>As you can see from the Wiki, there is ALOT of information up there.

I did a quick look and I didn't see any discussion of RIS [1].

Looks like Connotea (social bookmarking) can handle RIS import.

<q>
RIS is a file format used by many desktop
reference managers ­ RIS files contain citation
data about articles, including information such
as authors, article title, journal name, publication date and volume number.
</q>

Perhaps something from RIS can applied to a citation microformat.

There is a demo of a product called Reference
Manager Web Publisher (RMWP) linked from [1].

It can export RIS and XML, but it would be nice
if RMWP (and similar products) could use a citation microformat in the future.

[1]  http://del.icio.us/mitrepauld/ris

Paul