[uf-discuss] Chat microformat/podcast transcript

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Apr 12 20:02:22 PDT 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 8:45 PM, Jude Robinson wrote:

> I agree entirely. Think it very odd and reckon <cite> and <q>/
> at all.

This is what I'm doing in an AJAX chat system I've been working on.
But looking at the examples [1], there doesn't appear to be any
consistency in tag usage, so I'm not sure it matters what we think is
appropriate.  If some people are putting their chat transcripts in
TABLEs, some in OLs, DLs, SPANs, etc., the microformat will need to
work in all of these tags to be adopted.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/chat-examples

Peace,
Scott