[uf-discuss] Google at it again

Antonio Touriño atourino at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 05:52:25 PDT 2006

Or maybe it's not even a case of malice but of ignorance or laziness
in determining if there were previous efforts in the calendaring
problem space. We must remember that Google is the same company who
implements their Talk in the jabber open protocol.

Maybe the Google Calendar guys are not as thourough in their due
dilligence or maybe they considered hCal but discarded it for some
reason. Maybe it would be a good idea to bring them into our
discussion to have them shed us some light on the matter? I have no
connection with Google so I don't know if I could reach anyone in the
Calendar team but maybe someone in this mailing list could. It would
be a good thing to have them more involved in hCal and uFs in general.

Cheers,
Antonio

On 4/13/06, Charles Iliya Krempeaux <supercanadian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> On 4/12/06, Kevin Marks <kmarks at technorati.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Apr 12, 2006, at 11:27 PM, Sam Sethi wrote:
> >
> > > So who's the new Google ;-)
> >
> > depends who you ask:
> >
> > http://www.google.com/search&q=%22is+the+new+google%22
>

> Did you make that a broken link on purpose?!  Because it was actually kind
> of funny.  (Google says the new Google is "Not Found" :-)  )
>

> > says yahoo
> >

> http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=%22is+the+new+google%22
> >
> > says 37 signals or maybe wikipedia
> >

> See ya