[uf-discuss] Google hCalendar Greasemonkey script

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Fri Apr 14 08:34:49 PDT 2006

Scott Reynen wrote:
[...]
> Upcoming says the timezone is -07:00, which I believe is wrong.  Then I
> have my Google calendar set to CST timezone, which again is UTC-6.  When
> I send a time like "20060425T010000Z" I would think Google should adjust
> that 6 hours to 2006-04-24 7pm.  But it only seems to adjust it 5 hours
> to 8pm.

Except that right now, you are in Daylight Savings Time, which is CDT,
which is UTC-5. Yes?

I'm not sure what's up with that 7-hour adjustment on Upcoming. Iowa is
definitely in the Central zone. There may be a more general bug at
Upcoming: I just checked an event in New York City, and it also
specifies a -0700 offset.

I hate daylight savings. And timezones, in general, are a PITA when you
have to deal with more than one. "My server is in timezone A, but I live
in timezone B, but I'm posting information about an event that will
occur in timezone C. Shoot me now."

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/