[uf-discuss] Google hCalendar Greasemonkey script

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Sat Apr 15 13:17:43 PDT 2006

On Apr 15, 2006, at 2:31 PM, Alf Eaton wrote:

>> Upcoming is wrong - timezones have been on their to-do list for ages.
>
> Looks like they've got things working now anyway...
>
> http://upcoming.org/news/archives/2006/04/14/fun_with/

I wouldn't call it "working."  They've made their own "export to
Google" functionality, which ignores timezones completely, and their
hcalendar timezones are still all wrong.  Ignoring timezones means
the "export to Google" only has the correct time for events within
the same timezone as the Google calendar, so it's not working for
anything that spans timezones.  For example, if I add an Upcoming
event in New York to my Google calendar, it will go in at the wrong
time because 8pm in New York is not 8pm in Iowa.

Peace,
Scott