RSS DoS problem (was Re: [uf-discuss] UID, URL, live microformats (was: Microformat auto-discovery WAS: Plazes & Microformats))

Ryan King ryan at
Wed Apr 19 12:48:11 PDT 2006

On Apr 19, 2006, at 10:45 AM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> Though you do point out that like all current popular forms of web
> syndication, contacts and events have something similar to the "RSS
> Denial
> Of Service" problem.

Tell me about it!

Some people are hitting every twenty
minutes! And we post once a week, at most!

If that's you (and I'm talking to you,, stop it!

:-D -ryan

PS - as a sidenote, a lot of people were getting 302's when hitting, where they should have been 301's. Sorry if any
of you have had problems with that, it should be fixed now.