[uf-discuss] Chat microformat/podcast transcript

Christopher St John ckstjohn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 20:15:07 PDT 2006

On 4/14/06, Ben Ward <lists at ben-ward.co.uk> wrote:

> Since chronology is vital to describing dialogue, Kevin Marks
> OL+CITE+Q|BLOCKQUOTE example works much better for me. Appealingly it
> also uses the same number of HTML elements as using the DL example.

Some (very late) thoughts:

- I find the idea of snipping out an orphan <li> (representing a single message)
and passing it around a little creepy. It might not actually be immoral, but it
feels that way.

- Does document ordering imply enough so that it's not necessary to enclose
the transcript in anything in particular? Even if not, is the format of the
individual messages perhaps a different thing than the enclosing element
representing "one complete transcript"? Ref the "I want to cut and paste (and
stream) messages" question above.

-cks

--
Christopher St. John