[uf-discuss] hCard and Life Dates?

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 21:07:36 PDT 2006

On 4/20/06, Atamido <paul at msn.com> wrote:

> Are there drawbacks to using to having an entire document be a vcalendar
> if there are multiple people being spoken about?  Is the greatest danger
> a class collision?

Since we're all operating in the same time-space continuum, it seems
logical that in fact, somehow, we are all part of the same big iCal in
the sky.

> Is there any real disadvantage to using 'bday' instead of 'dtstart'?

I think Ryan's suggestion is to use both, so there's no obvious
disadvantage without knowing the intended use. By using both you get
secondary benefits that we might not conceive of just yet. The more
specific the semantics the better, right?

Chris