[uf-discuss] My hCard comments

Colin D. Devroe cdevroe at theubergeeks.net
Wed Apr 19 22:42:34 PDT 2006

On Apr 20, 2006, at 1:33 AM, Chris Messina wrote:

> Looks pretty good from here. Standard practice is to use "fn" rather
> than the more specific classes for general use where, as you pointed
> out, user input is involved. I would make one change:

> class="url fn"
> href="http://cdevroe.com">Colin D. Devroe</cite> on <a
> href="#comment-135" title="">April 19th, 2006 at 11:01 am</a></div>
>
> It's not a big deal, but moving the vcard class to the <cite> tag
> moves the microformat delimiter closer to the content that you're
> calling out, especially since the <div> encompasses the post-date.

Should then I move the ID of the vcard also to <cite>?

> Also, take a look at hAtom for marking up your themes... You're
> missing an opportunity to make your XHTML pages subscribable.

I'm still researching hAtom and its general purpose.  I'm wondering
if hAtom is attempting to replace the need for specs like Atom and
RSS, and if so, I may not be as supportive of it as I am of hCard.
Again, I need more time to thoroughly research the spec.

Thank you for your help, and suggestions.