[uf-discuss] hCard and Life Dates?

Michael MD mdagn at spraci.com
Wed Apr 19 23:00:39 PDT 2006

> > Is there any real disadvantage to using 'bday' instead of 'dtstart'?
>
> I think Ryan's suggestion is to use both, so there's no obvious
> disadvantage without knowing the intended use. By using both you get
> secondary benefits that we might not conceive of just yet. The more
> specific the semantics the better, right?

if someone had a mixture of hcalendar and hcard entries on the same page I
think using bday would be better
- less chance of it getting mixed up with the start date of something else
even when the markup is not absolutely correct.

Michael MD
SPRACI - http://www.spraci.com/
SPRACI for mobiles: wap.spraci.com