[uf-discuss] locations/cities/countries/categories & hcalendar

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Thu Apr 20 02:10:53 PDT 2006

ISO 3166-1 [1] defines two and three letter country codes. As far as I
have seen, two letter codes seem to be the mostly widely used; for
example, in URI domain names.

I don't think there's a world-wide accepted state code system and the
whole concept gets somewhat tricky at times anyway. My practice has been
to use the postal abbreviations as defined by the country authority.

FIPS defines a worldwide set of region codes [2] that you may find of
personal interest.

More links here [3]

Regards, etc...

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_code