question about client-side xslt rendering (was Re: [uf-discuss]
Microformats vs XML, redundancy)
liu_x at lanl.gov
Thu Apr 27 08:28:11 PDT 2006
while we are on this topic, I saw real world examples of generating
microformat (well, sort of) by client-side xslt rendering. To put it
- The server generates XML page with link to xslt file.
- xslt file includes instructions of generating Microformats.
- modern browser happily render the XML page with xslt.
- however greasemonkey script or some other tools don't do dynamic
rendering by default.
So on the positive side, both XML and Microformats are avaiable; on the
negative side, this pattern may not be well supported by some tools.
My questions are :
(1) is this a solved problem? does Microformats encourage (allow) this
(2) how well is it supported by Microformats tools?
More information about the microformats-discuss