[uf-discuss] relational modeling in microformats?

Andrew Turner ajturner at highearthorbit.com
Wed Aug 2 08:45:10 PDT 2006

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> [...]
>
> > Or is there something you'd expect parsers to do with that
> > information beyond treating it like a tag?  I don't know of any
> > calendar applications that handle events-within-events, so I'm not
> > sure what the use case is here.
>
> Come to think of it, tnough, if I decide to post a CV online that
> includes among other things (includng publications) conference
> presentations, then if I can consistantly model those relations
> (article partOf journal, paper prsentation partOf conference), I could
> imagine interesting mashups and such, like maybe grabbing all the CV
> data for a group or department and processing it; members X, Y, Z
> presented at ABC Conference, etc.

I think this probably ties in with the transit discussion as well. It
is possible to put the location in an hCalendar via a geo or adr. Then
there would be an event for all of the stations on a train's route.
Linking these hCalendars together to give the "line" which can be
imported into iCal, or drawn as a polyline on a Map.

Andrew