[uf-discuss] Live Clipboard Screen Cast

Stephen Farrell sfarrell at almaden.ibm.com
Thu Aug 3 10:38:45 PDT 2006

I wrote about microformats and Live Clipboard wrt microtemplates a
couple of months ago here:
http://microtemplates.org/2006/05/14/ray-ozzie-clipboard-example/

The issue I found was that if you were pasting an object from one
website to another, the blended presentation and content of microformats
probably wasn't what you wanted, because you probably wanted the object
formatted and styled and presented in the way that the target site
wanted.  I suggested using microtemplates as a way to handle the
presentation on the target site - some client-side templating would be
required, for sure.  Also, I had to go from microformat to json in order
to bind the microtemplate (which got me very unhappy about parsing
microformats), which made me wonder whether microformat as a data
representation actually worked in this context.

(for some reason I can't resolve spaces.msn.com, and that link to the
examples is *required* for the demos on my page to work!  hope you have
better luck.)