[uf-discuss] hCard and vCard

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:33:59 PDT 2006

The trouble with this approach is that there is no way to determine what
is an arbitrary CSS style and what is a microformat. Plus, those terms
are not in the XMDP and therefore their meaning is unknown. Parsers
would have to have an open-ended list of values, which is not always an
option.

This idea was kicking around quite early (maybe pre-mailing list) and it
was dropped for several reasons.

-brian