[uf-discuss] AJAX Pages and Microformats.

Stephen Farrell sfarrell at almaden.ibm.com
Tue Aug 8 08:11:12 PDT 2006

Hi Pedro,

One compelling use of microformats is client-side integration.  For
example, a Firefox plugin might scan the rendered page for vcards and
turn them into links in the organization's directory.  Another might
scan for vevents and provide a composite view of the events on a page
and your calendar.  Also, the "Live" (Ray Ozzie) Clipboard can recognize
microformatted content and allow you to copy&paste it from the web page
onto other desktop or web apps.

In all of these examples, the "crawler" is an included script or browser
plugin looking at the same dynamic page content as the user.