[uf-discuss] AJAX Pages and Microformats.

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 05:06:44 PDT 2006

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pedro_Cust=F3dio?= <pecus at co.sapo.pt> writes:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm kind of new into the microformats world, so this doubt can have
> actually been answered before, if so please excuse me! ;)
>
> How do you take advantage of microformats on pages built using ajax
> technology, I mean pages, which content is loaded via ajax/json
> methods? The base page continues to have the initial data or source
> code, while the content displayed varies. What's your suggestion for
> combining the 2 technologies?

AJAX doesn't change anything about the representation of data.

You could use XMLHttpRequest to retrieve a page and then run an XSLT
or XPath expression on the returned page in order to extract
microformats.

Alternately you could use DOM access methods to get at the data.

It really is no different from handling them with Javascript inside a
page.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs