[uf-discuss] Getting started with microformats

Graham Higgins gjh-ufdiscuss at bel-epa.com
Thu Aug 17 03:47:42 PDT 2006

Hi,

Relatively new subscriber here. Sorry for the lag in this response.

On 9 Aug 2006, at 18:41, Chris Messina wrote:

> We could offer either a case study ("XCorp started by locating all
> references to people and locations on their website. They then marked
> up their pages using hcard. Specifically, this is the code they
> changed...")

I've been puzzling over this for a while. I'd like to offer an hcard
but ...

In my case, there is a set of key individuals who, for operational
reasons, are not directly contactable. Specifically, they choose not
to publish their email address or direct line number. An assistant's
name, email and direct line is advertised as the point of contact for
the key individual.

I don't see any way of expressing this adequately using μf. Or have I
just not thought hard enough?

Cheers,

Graham Higgins.