[uf-discuss] Questions re: adr in hCalendar

Andrew Turner ajturner at highearthorbit.com
Tue Aug 22 12:38:53 PDT 2006

Brian Suda wrote

> You can use the 'adr' microformat, but since you are describing a venue,
> then it makes sense to create a full-blow hCard.
> If you look at eventful.com or upcoming.org they are doing this quite
> often (http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-001096637-9)

Ok - that helps, seems like this kind of example should be on the
wiki. With all the "implementation references" listed its a pain to
find out which one is a good example. Just pull an example out.

> so your example would look something like;
>  <a class="url" href="http://rubyconfmi.org/">
>  <abbr class="dtstart" title="2006-08-26T14:00Z">Saturday, August 26,
> 9AM</abbr>-
>  <abbr class="dtend" title="2005-08-26T21:00Z">5PM</abbr>, \
>    in
>     <!-- vcard in a location -->
>  </a>

Wow that seems complex. But makes sense I guess. Why would the
"Science Building" be the org? Perhaps the fn would be "Science
building" and org be "Calvin College"? Of course, then that would be
like putting an address book entry for "Science Building" when really
it's all part of just "Calvin College", but the address specific to
this event is "Science Building". However, if the building went in the
adr, then that would imply that was the address for all of the org?

> The exclusive-ness of datetimes is more an issue with days than it is
> with times. If you say your event has a dtend of 2006-08-22 the event
> actually ends on the 21st at midnight between the 21st - 22nd.

Ah, makes sense, can that be added to the wiki?

Thanks for the points!
Andrew

--
Andrew Turner