[uf-discuss] Date-time formats in hCalendar

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 19:31:35 PDT 2006

Somewhere along the line, it might be mentioned in the mailing list or
irc archives? we talked about allowing the punctuation in the HTML.
Forcing people to remove them was unrealistic. So any parser should
accept either with or without punctuation, then remove that
punctuation to meet the RFC spec.

> Is it correct to say that the hCalendar date-time format is specified by RFC3339?

--- no still the ISO datetime format defined in the iCalendar RFC

> Also, there is a scarcity of examples with times on the hCalendar page -- I'd like to
> add at least one meeting example with a start and end time.

--- please do! but be aware, the examples are taken directly from the
RFC, so please do not distrube those. If need be, please add more
example with the start-end times. There are also a suite of tests for
hCalendar that could use some attention. (http://hg.microformats.org)
if you so feel inclided to write for those as well.

> Finally, there's a bunch of "@todo" items on the examples page.  If no-one else is
> working on those I could whip up a few.

--- that would be great if you could work on them. It is a wiki, so
the community will itterate on your work as well.

Thanks,
-brian

--
brian suda