[uf-discuss] Ordered Lists

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Tue Aug 29 10:20:40 PDT 2006

Hi Paul,

On Aug 29, 2006, at 10:11 AM, Paul Kinlan wrote:
> Yeah,  I would like to be able to understand what the list is "about",
> so something like a title would give a good descriptive meaning to
> what the items in the list relate to.
>
> For instance the title could be "Favorite Films", obviously the LI's
> would then be order of the favorites.

As far as I can tell, that is a perfectly appropriate use of the
"title" attribute.

http://www.netmechanic.com/news/vol6/html_no1.htm

It does lead to some redundancy between the human-readable caption
(which presumably is in an H1 or whatever), but it does seem to serve
your purpose.

Anybody else have an opinion?

-enp