[uf-discuss] How's my hReview?

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Aug 30 00:36:12 PDT 2006

In message
<21e770780608291824m5d9a08d1g330fbd1b4f51f4b9 at mail.gmail.com>, Brian
Suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> writes

>It is not a valid review yet, you are missing a few things.

[...]

>B) create an "outer div container". You have a class="photo" which is
>another hReview property - assuming you are actually intending that to
>be part of the hReview, that needs to be nested inside the
>class="item" as well.

I suppose

isn't allowed?

>There is no RATING, which is OK that is optional, but IMHO that is
>kinda the point of a review.

That's debatable. Have a look at a decent newspaper's book or theatre
reviews.

>finnaly, the reviewer hCard is also incorrect:
>
>you need to nest the class="fn" inside the class="vcard"

Yuk. How is the latter semantically better than the former? It's just
bloat.

>i hope this helps.

Indeed, thank you.

> If you make those changes let us know and we can
>take another pass at it and see if there are any other errors.

Done, see:

        http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/reviews/WarksBirding2005.htm

Mind you, it occurs to me that, while our visitors might make use of
hCard and hCalendar items, to add contacts and events to their address
book or diary programmes, hReview is of less use, to them.
--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

                Free Our Data:  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>