[uf-discuss] OpenSearch

Edward Summers ehs at pobox.com
Wed Aug 30 07:01:05 PDT 2006

On Aug 30, 2006, at 9:52 AM, David Janes wrote:
> I'm not sure how to be clearer: my first message in this thread
> suggests in point (2) add a single-field extension to OpenSearch XML;
> my second message says adding a MIME type is not the solution [1].

OK, so an extension to OpenSearch since OpenSearch currently uses
MIME types to distinguish the type of a response. IMHO this is
undesirable since it essentially makes opensearch treat microformats
(hAtom) as a special case.

But maybe I've got something wrong here with my understanding of
OpenSearch. I just pinged people over on opensearch-discuss [1] to
take a look at this thread so maybe more light is available.

//Ed

[1] http://opensearch.org/pipermail/discuss/2006-August/000057.html